As a Registered User you may post or upload your content to the website providing you comply with our content standards and these terms and conditions. You grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, adapt or distribute your content on the website, and for other uses as we require in any and all media (whether existing now or invented in the future).
You grant us all necessary rights, licenses, consents and clearances to allow us to use your content in accordance with these Registration Terms and Conditions.
Your content must not
- infringe any copyright, trade marks, rights of privacy/ confidentiality, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity;
- contain any information about any person(s) under the age of 18 unless you are either their parent or legal guardian, or have signed permission from their parent or legal guardian;
- contain malicious code, viruses or other harmful programmes or material;
- promote any commercial events, products or services;
- violate any applicable law, rule or regulation; and
Your content must meet our content standards (see below) and comply with any specific rules that may apply to any particular area of the Registered Users’ Areas.
You agree that before posting or uploading your content you are responsible for obtaining all releases, consents and/or licenses necessary for uploading your content on our website and for any subsequent use of that content by us in accordance with these Registration Terms and Conditions.
You agree that before uploading any images or recordings of any third party, you will obtain the written consent of that party to submit such content to our website.
You should note that posting personal information on our website, such as email address or telephone number means your information is publicly accessible.
You agree whenever you submit your content to our Events section you will comply with our content standards. If you do not comply we reserve the right to suspend or ban you from using the Events section.
You agree your content will be accurate where it states facts and be genuinely held where it states opinions.
You agree your content will not:
- contain any material which constitutes or encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law;
- contain any material which is defamatory;
- contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
- infringe any copyright, database rights, trade mark or other intellectual property right or other right of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or obligation of confidentiality;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be likely to disrupt our service in any way;
- advertise a party political rally or event;
- give the impression it emanates from us where this is not the case.
Moderation of Content
All content submitted by Registered Users is subject to approval for publication by Cheadle Staffordshire using the criteria in the Submission of Content and Content Standards. Following submission:
- If submitted content meets these criteria it will be added to the Events section;
- If submitted content does not meet these criteria we will inform the Registered User and explain the reasons why. It will not be added to the Events section until the content meets these criteria;
- We reserve the right to remove or make minor amendments to submitted content without notice and without liability on our part.
If you have paid for a sponsored submission, your advert will be sponsored for the time stated and advertised as agreed. Where it states that your event will be advertised through social media, you will be advertised at least once.
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on the Events Calendar, nor do we commit to ensuing that the Events Calendar remains available or that the material on it is kept up to date. These terms and conditions:
a) Are subject to the preceding paragraph;
b) Govern all liabilities arising under the terms and conditions or in relation to the subject matter of the terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any claims, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) arising from or in connection with your use of and conduct on the website and your breach of any of these terms and conditions.
Our principle means of communication with Registered Users to discuss matters related to the content submitted to the Events section will be electronic.